skip to content
Law Handbook banner image

Challenging a Centrelink Decision

If Centrelink has made a decision which affects you and you don't agree with it you can challenge it by making an appeal. An appeal is a formal request to Centrelink for a review of the decision to determine whether it was correctly made. Keep in mind that complaining about something is not the same as requesting an appeal or a review of it.

If you want to appeal you should do it as soon as possible, at least within three months of Centrelink's decision, so that you can receive any back pay which you may be entitled to if you are successful.

Challenging a Centrelink Decision  :  Last Revised: Fri Mar 1st 2013
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.