There are a number of practical and legal matters to think about when separating, including:
- how you will actually give effect to your separation;
- what, if any, safety precautions you will need to take in the event of family violence;
- what arrangements you will make for your children;
- how you will divide the property of your relationship; and
- what, if any, financial assistance or maintenance you will need to seek.
The content of the Law Handbook is made available as a public service for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for legal advice. See Disclaimer for details. For free and confidential legal advice in South Australia call 1300 366 424.