Quick Statistics from 2011-12
Legal Advice Services
- 34 783 face to face advice appointments including prison & child support services
- 65 061 telephone advice services
Legal Aid Grants
- 13 896 applicants were granted legal aid, compared with 14 170 applications (a decrease of 274 on 2010-11 requests for legal aid)
- 10 652 grants in criminal law matters (represented by the in-house practice and private practitioners)
- 2 331 grants in family law matters (938 represented by the in-house practice and 1,643 represented by private practitioners)
- 576 grants of aid in civil law matters (represented by the in-house practice and private practitioners)
Duty Solicitor Services
- 15 480 people assisted by the Commission's duty solicitor service in the Magistrates Court and the Youth Court.
Community Legal Education Sessions
- A record 11 072 attendees at 457 legal information sessions held by Commission presenters across South Australia.