MILE Legal Education Workshops
The Legal Services Commission runs a special education project for new and emerging migrant communities' needs and can include topics such as:
- Introduction to the Australian legal system
- Laws which affect families - including age of consent, marriage, divorce, children and separation & domestic violence
- Child protection and mandatory reporting
- Dealing with government departments
- Criminal laws - including police, street offences, driving offences, assaults and fraud
- Employment laws
- Landlord and tenant laws
- Practical examples of how the law applies in every day life and how to get legal advice
Our legal education workshops are presented at times and locations convenient to each community, and are tailored to suit the requirements of each community.
We can arrange and pay for ONE interpreter.
If you would like to arrange a workshop please contact:
Kate Muslera, MILE Legal Education Officer . Telephone: 08 8111 5742. Email: email@example.com
Or to detail your information session needs please book online here.
The MILE program is a free service provided by the Legal Services Commission