Migration Advice

The Legal Services Commission offers immigration and refugee legal advice through its Adelaide office. Free migration information and advice is available to anyone in South Australia.

The Commission's current migration legal advisory service includes the provision of information and advice regarding:

  • onshore protection visas (authorised arrivals);
  • onshore partner visas involving an applicant who has left a relationship due to family violence and/or who has a child with the person who sponsored them;
  • information regarding refusals of these classes of visa by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal;
  • offshore humanitarian or family stream visas;
  • visa cancellations, or refusals, based on a failure of the character test.

All assistance of this nature is subject to a merits review, and the capacity of the migration lawyers at the time of receiving instructions. If the lawyers are unable to assist, they will attempt to make a referral to another appropriate provider.

The Legal Services Commission does not provide advice to applicants for student or skilled visas.


To book an appointment please ring 8111 5555. The Legal Services Commission can provide interpreters for those people who need them, and this should be requested when booking for an appointment.  

Link to sa.gov.au - find what you're looking for

© Legal Services Commission 2017 - All Rights Reserved
Funded with the support of the Governments of Australia and South Australia Website by CeRDI